Thursday, March 1, 2012

LET THE BLOGGING BEGIN!

Happy March Everyone!  It's day one of my goal to blog everyday this month.  Today I want to share my January Sampler by Waxing Moon Designs.  It's stitched on 14 count oatmeal Aida using DMC floss.  As I share my stitching, you'll notice that I only stitch on Aida.  I have never stitched on linen because I'm really intimidated by it.  I just can't seem to get over my fear but I'm happy stitching on Aida so I guess that's all that matters!

Here is the front of "JANUARY"






And here is the backing fabric that I used.  There is a dowel rod with a ribbon tied to it so I can hang it from a hook I have on a shelf in my living room.  My pictures are not the greatest, but you get the idea.




I have purchased all 12 of these designs by Waxing Moon and I have finished January, February and March so far.  Tomorrow I'll share February with you.

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

A gorogeous finish. I prefer aida too. Never seen any oatmeal though will have to have a look.

Monica Butler said...

Hi nice reading your posst

Monica Butler said...

Appreciate the time you took to post this